Building back in Waveland Mississippi will most likely require and elevated home of some sort. These homes are comfortable and less likely to flood again even in major storms. They do require a builder with experience and expertise on elevated coastal homes.
Here are a few factors to consider when building an elevated home in Waveland Mississippi:
- Flood Elevation Requirement
- Current Land Elevation
- Current Flood Zone
- Is ICC Grant Available
Having an expert like Jason Thornhill working with your family through the building process will insure you get a quality elevated structure. Jason can help discuss many aspects of building elevated in coastal Mississippi including some of the following items to consider:
- Pier or Column Type
- Coastal Construction Guide recommendations
- Strapping and Bolts for Elevated homes
- Foundations for Piers
- Floor Joist Systems and Trusses
- Wind Code Construction Techniques
- Stair Requirements for Flood Zones
Fill out our form below for more information on building your Elevated Coastal Home in Waveland, Mississippi.